Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Straight Edge life

http://racketmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/sxe_tattoo_mine.jpg 

What is Straight Edge? What is Punk?” The Straight Edge life originally defined by the Washington, D.C. hardcore band Minor Threat and Ian MacKaye, lead singer of the band Minor Threat, is identified as the ‘founder' of Straight Edge”. The term Straight Edge was first defined as the title of a Minor Threat song “Don't smoke, Don't Drink, Don't F*** ” (Minor Threat).
In my paper I will be giving the history of Straight Edge (sXe) and punk and what they have to do with each other. I'll also be telling how sXe spread into a worldwide philosophy and the bad reputation it has developed over time. Finally I'll explain were I take part in all this and what sXe means to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment